Why should I wax?
Waxing is a method of semi-permanent hair removal, hairs are removed from the root and regrowth is usually not for 2-4 weeks. Many people who receive waxing procedures on a regular basis have noticed that the regrowth becomes less after a period of time, as some of the hairs will not grow back. It can be performed on almost any area of the body.
What kind of wax do we use at the Spa?
- Wax Master Tea-Tree Gold warm wax which has anti-fungal, anti-viral and antibacterial benefits to help reduce irritation and soothe the skin.
- Outback Organics Gold Peelable Hot Wax for intimate areas. This wax incorporates advanced polymer technology which gently “shrink wraps” hair as it dries to remove even short hairs easily.
What is the difference between warm and hot wax?
The difference with the two waxes is the method in which it is applied and removed.
- Warm wax is applied thinly to the skin with a spatula, a paper or fabric strip is then applied and removed with a swift pull which removes the hair, this type of waxing is best for larger areas such as legs and backs.
- Hot wax is a much thicker consistency and is applied in a circular motion onto the skin to surround the hairs. It then drys and is flicked off without a strip. It is much better for sensitive skin and delicate areas, in particular for Hollywood or Brazilian intimate waxing. Because it doesn’t pull the skin and grabs the hairs from the roots there is usually less irritation and fewer ingrown hairs!
How can I prevent Ingrown Hairs?
Ingrown hairs can occur after waxing, but there are steps you can take to help prevent it happening:
- Exfoliate your skin before you wax to get rid of dead skin and release trapped hairs.
- Wear loose-fitting, natural fabric clothing after you wax.
- Exfoliate the waxed area next time you shower.
- Use Outback Organics Ingrown Hair Serum (available from the Spa) which uses Australian sandalwood, cypress oils, aniseed myrtle and prickly pear extract help heal imperfections without drying the skin. Combined with pineapple and papaya fruit enzymes and hydroxy acids, this serum gently exfoliates where the hair is trapped, freeling stubborn ingrown hairs to reveal smooth, blemish-free skin.
What are the different levels of female intimate waxing?
We offer four levels of bikini waxing:
- Basic: waxing to the knicker line
- Extended: goes beyond the knicker line – great for swimwear.
- Brazilian: waxing of the whole area, except a “landing strip” of hair.
- Hollywood: waxing of the whole area removing all hair.