If you’re hitting 2015 the same way you hit every other year – full of good intentions which then fail at the first hurdle – try our top 5 easy-to-do resolutions. There’s nothing that requires willpower (like giving up chocolate, alcohol or cigarettes) in here. These are just 5 small changes you can make to really enhance yourself.
1. I promise to improve my sleep. We all need our 40 winks. Depriving yourself lowers your concentration and raises your risk of getting a major condition such as diabetes. It also makes you gain weight and ages your skin (more on that in a future blog). Most healthy adults need 7.5-9 hrs sleep every night.
2. I promise to drink more water. Keeping yourself hydrated can improve your skin, fuel your muscles and help you lose weight. Drink 8 glasses of water per day (more if you are being energetic).
3. I promise to protect my skin. A tan looks great but exposing yourself to those nasty UV rays leads to wrinkles and sun damage. If you do go out in the sun always wear a really good SPF on exposed areas and try to wear a hat.
4. I promise to remove my make up every night. Use a good quality cleanser like the Dermalogica Pre-Cleanse to remove your make up. Leaving it on can clog the pores and make the skin oily and congested.
5. I promise to love myself. Make this year the year that you allow yourself some me-time. Treat yourself to a pamper, get out for a walk, take up a new hobby. Just do something you enjoy – just because you enjoy it!
Now, no procrastination, JFDI!