One of the most popular, practical and cost-effective ways to provide employee wellbeing support in the workplace is to introduce on or off-site remedial massage and / or holistic (healing) therapies.
There are a number of ways we can offer such services can be offered including:
- On-site in an available meeting room using a portable massage chair or table
- Off-site at our Spa just off Colmore Row.
- “As required¨.
- Fully funded by the employer
- Fully funded by the employee
- Part funded by each.
- Booked sessions
- Drop-in sessions.
- Periods from 5 to 60 minutes per person.
The benefits of such sessions for staff are numerous, but probably the most obvious benefits are:
- Massage will keep the muscles loose around the neck and shoulder area and break down the build up of lactic acid that results from physical and emotional stress.
- Both Massage and Holistic Therapies will help to relieve stress-related symptoms such as migraines, tension headaches and stomach upsets.
- Both will reduce levels of the stress hormone Cortisol in the blood.
Studies have shown that with a programme of as little as 15 minutes of clothed massage a week, companies can significantly reduce the anxiety levels of their staff, leading to better morale and improved productivity.
Research also suggests that regular massage has a cumulative effect leading to long term improvements in health and wellbeing. Furthermore there is a proven carry-over into the workplace with workers finding difficult situations easier to handle following massage.
On Site Massage and/or Holistic Therapeutic Work is an effective way to send a clear message to staff that you care about their Wellbeing. All our therapists are fully trained, qualified and insured for both on and off-site treatment.
We can also provide on-site massage at conferences and events.