1. Remove your makeup at night/wash your face even if you have no makeup on. Ideally you should be cleansing, toning and moisturising every morning and night but if that’s not your bag, then Dermalogica have come up with your Holy Grail product. PRECLEANSE wipes. Each biodegradable wipe melts away layers of excess sebum (oil), sunscreen, waterproof make-up, environmental pollutants and residual products that build up on skin throughout the day. Formulated with skin-softening Aloe and Apricot oils, conditioning Rice Bran and Vitamin E, this gentle blend can also be used around the eye area to remove waterproof mascara. Unlike other face wipes, they contain no parabens and won’t leave your skin with a greasy chemical alcohol layer that actually smears your makeup further into your skin (now you know why your therapist winces when you say you use baby/face wipes) It really is worth spending a little more when it comes to your skin.
2. Drink water. We know, we know. Every year we say it. But it is really important for the cell renewal of your skin. Especially at night, scientists believe that drinking a glass before bed can even reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke. Your body will get used to the water intake and you won’t be getting up to use the loo in the night. So while you’re removing your makeup- have a glass of water.
3. Use a serum before your moisturiser. We love Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Serum. Like food for your skin, it sinks into the skin deeper than moisturiser. Packed full of essential vitamins it will make your skin look more dewy.
4. Less is more. Often with cheaper products we feel the need to slather them all over our faces to get a result. When in fact only the first layer will penetrate into your skin, the rest will either just sit on top of your skin or get rubbed off during the day. With higher end products, you really do only need a small amount to get a result. Apply a small amount and really massage it into your skin. The massing will help the cells regenerate and flush any toxin out.
5. Use a toner. Often people think toner is an unnecessary step and don’t see an immediate difference from using it. Toner actually helps the skin get back to its usual PH level after cleansing. It also helps your moisturiser absorb into the skin more efficiently.
So there we have it. We do solemnly swear to abide by these changes in 2016.
Love the team,
At One Day Spa